Friday, October 12, 2012

Just a few sentences . . . . ;0)

Where did this week go?  Busy, busy, busy. . . 
School work, house work, baking and cooking, laundry and more laundry ☺. . .
Thankful for those dirty clothes, my washer and dryer, and detergent. . .

Tuesday was our PE day. . .THE BEST WEATHER EVER!  
The fellowship was a blessing and I loved seeing my older 
2 playing games and learning how to play volleyball. 
Dinner. . .✔ Kitchen cleaned up. . .✔ Littles ready for bed. . .✔
Bible in hand and a kiss goodbye for my LOVE and littles. . .✔
And I am off to Tues. night Bible study!  Encouraged, challenged, sweet fellowship and refreshments. . .One blessed wife and momma!
When Ms Cathy found out I had not read Created to be His Help Meet, she ran and got me a copy to read (she keeps a box of them to give to ladies!).  I was just going to purchase a copy the next day.  Such a blessing.  I don't know why after 8 years of marriage that I am just now getting 
around to reading this book.  It is exactly what I need at this time in my 
life as wife and mother.  God is always faithful to meet our every need. 

Our Bible study required that we find a partner, open Bibles and a list of 31 commands that God has clearly given in Scripture for women.  Oh, we thought it would be fairly easy due to we have read, memorized,heard these verses preached, etc.  I really saw that I need to know these clear commands and references.  Would I be able to help someone with the Word of God who came to me for advice and encouragement?  God impressed upon my heart to know these passages to teach my daughter how to be a godly wife.  Yes, I daily need to be that example of God's commands, but she also needs to know what God's Word says.  We enjoyed reading the Scriptures together and checking our references.  Our discussion then turned to how we have dishonored God~His instructions to wives.  I am so thankful that God is ready to forgive and allows us to return to a path of obedience.  If you are interested in the list of emphatic statements from God concerning women, I would love to share them with you.  It was a fun challenge to find the references.  I have enjoyed reading and praying over these verses this week.

Wednesday morning my 2 youngest woke up with terrible allergies.  
Our day moved along smoothly and ended with a blessed night in God's House.

Thursday was full of play and learning, laundry, cooking and cleaning.  
Ashlyn has the opportunity to attend speech/drama class every Thursday afternoon.  She just LOVES it!  Her teacher is a dear friend.  I first met her as Miss Reese, my Voice and Diction teacher in college.  I was a junior at PCC and she had begun her first semester teaching after completing her undergrad/masters at BJU.  Just a few years older than me, but someone I really respected and looked up to.  Funny thing is she was great friends with my  now husband who worked with A Beka Books (and still does).  Any who~yes, I am rambling~ fastforward 12 years,she was also my wedding planner.  So thankful Ashlyn has this opportunity to improve and to be comfortable speaking to people one on one and to groups of people on stage.  

And now it is Friday, and I must admit, where has this morning gone?!?. . . 
Laundry, yes, more laundry ☺,
Lots of training, discipline time spent with my boys,
Organizing with my daughter, and school.
I must say I am glad it is Friday and that school will be tucked away until Monday morning.  
My Love will be attending a Mens Retreat tonight.  I am so excited for him!  It is a much needed time to reflect, rest, and be encouraged by the Word of God.  I know God will use Johnny Pope to encourage all the men in attendance.
My Love has had such a busy week and has been carrying some burdens, concerns, but he has not been to busy to help me with our children.  AND he is so sweet to help with a teething 10 month old who needs comforting in the middle of the night.  I just love and adore my sweet, hardworking man!  And I sure did need that one night to sleep.  

I trust if you have read my ramblings, that you will have a wonderFULL Saturday with family and a blessed day in the Lord's House!

I will close with a new breakfast favorite!
This bread is delicious with a hot cup of coffee!
I adjusted this recipe to go along with our beautiful Fall season!
Just maybe your family will enjoy it too!  ♥  


Oatmeal Pumpkin Raisin Bread/Muffins
Yields 2 loaves/24 muffins
Oven temp @ 375

2 cups of old fashioned oats 
**Pour two cups of buttermilk into oats and stir; let set while you prepare the next group of ingredients.

Combine:  2 cups of whole wheat flour
                2 ts of baking powder
                1 ts of baking soda
                2 ts of salt
                2 or 4 ts of cinnamon. . . I LOVE cinnamon!  We all do!  ☺
                1 tsp of nutmeg

Now stir in the following ingredients to the mixture of oats/buttermilk:
                2 eggs
                1/2 cup of oil
                1 1/2 cups of pumpkin
                1 cup of sugar
                2 ts of pure vanilla

Now take stir half of the four mixture into your wet ingredients.  Stir in the last portion of flour mixture.  




Stir in 1 1/2 cup of raisins.  I think chopped pecans would be great too!  But I have a few sweeties who prefer not to have pecans in their bread!


Grease 2 loaf pans or muffin pans.  Pour yummy mixture into pans.  Bake bread for 30-40 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.  Bake in muffin pans for 20 min or until toothpick comes out clean.

Delicious bread, healthy and makes a complete breakfast for our family along with milk and a piece of fruit.  ENJOY!
               


No comments:

Post a Comment