Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lessons to Apply

"Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:  
And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious 
and pleasant riches."
Proverbs 24:3-4


Five weeks ago, our church added a new Sunday School class for married couples.  I have only been able to attend 2 of the classes due to one of my littles being sick or like last Sunday, the class was completely full!  :)  This is a good thing.   Today, my heart was challenged by the Scriptures.  I am so thankful to be a Christian, to be a wife and a mother~to serve Him.  God's Word is my guide in this journey.  I want to remember those things that have challenged me, encouraged me and blessed me.  My Dearest and I desire to serve the Lord and train our blessings according to the Scriptures. Sunday will be my day to list outlines, Scripture, quotes, etc.  My hearts desire is to be the wife and mother that God created me to be and that only He can make me to be.  These lessons will be here to relflect over and keep my heart in check, to look back at and share with my children. . . .  just maybe you will be encouraged and challenged.  

God's Way of Love 
(Part 3-we are going to take this 12 week class 
again next Fall to fill in the blanks)

Introduction:  Again God's type of love if put on display in our lives by 15 decisions that we make.  We pick up with #7.

 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 
I Corinthians 13:1-7


A Decision to . . . 

7.  Not to be Self-Centered -v. 5b
**True love "seeketh not her own"~As we love ourselves "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."  Matt. 22:39
Love is not an emotion that comes and goes. 
Even if I feel entitled, let it go--Give up my rights 

8.  Not Get Angry Easily -v. 5c
**"Is not easily provoked"
we all know the story of the prodical son-the Son returned Home & all was happy.  No, the 2nd brother was angry that his brother returned.
There is danger to giving into anger
Get all the facts before flying off the handle

9.  Forget Past Offenses-v.5c
**"Thinketh no evil"
Make a decision NOT to remember past embarrassing incidents.
Remember kindness~forget the wrong

10.  Not to Enjoy the Heartaches of Others-v.6a
**"Rejoiceth not in iniquity"
Pr. 24:17-18-"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him."

11.  Rejoice over God's Blessings in Their Lives-v.6b
True love will rejoice in truth and in the success of others.
Rom. 12:15-"Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with themthat do weep."

12.  Be a Burden Bearer for Others-v.7a
**"Beareth all things"
Galatians 6:2-"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ."
It is always easier to carry a burden that I can relate to or understand.  Why is it more difficult to bear burdens that we do not understand?
    *******We do not want to.
*******We never tried.
We need to listen NOT to relieve the burden.
I Peter 5:7-"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

13.  Trust God-v.7b
**"Believeth all things"
What God says, right them to be done.  Rely upon the Lord.

14.  Expect the Right Thing to be Done-v 7. c
**"Hopeth all things"

15.  Never Quit-v.7d
**"Endureth all things". . .Make the decision not to quit!

Take I Corinthians 13 and substitute your name for Charity. . . .



 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 
I Corinthians 13:1-7



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I have started stopping by and visiting your blog every now and then but I am not always good at leaving comments. Life gets busy. I appreciate the nice comments that you have left on my blog. I hope you are blessed. We try to just focus on the everyday as the blog is a great place to stay in touch with faraway family and friends. :) Hope you have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete