Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The harvest is plentiful. . .

Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few;  pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.    Luke 10:2

We are enjoying the season of Fall, 
Anticipating the cooler temperatures, 
Pumpkin bread, hot teas, and snugly blankets.
Enjoying the plentiful harvest of Fall vegetables and fruits~pears and gala apples are our favorite!  
School is keeping us busy in the mornings. 
Our afternoons spent enjoying the much cooler 
temps and sunshine rays of Florida.

After my daughters piano lesson yesterday afternoon, we met some friends at one of our favorite parks.  We are so thankful for the sweet friends God has given us along with the wonderful time to run and play.  It is just what the little brothers needed.  Big sister too, after a morning of school.  My daughter and her little friend were having so much fun and others at the park began to join in on their games of tag and imaginary fort.  There was one particular little boy who played with them the entire time he was at the park.  What I did not know was that during their time of play my daughter had taken the opportunity to witness to her new friend. She explained God's gift of salvation to him and told him all he had to do was talk to the Lord and recieve His gift.  He told her that he went to church sometimes and he had heard stories about Jesus, but he did not know that Jesus died for him, rose again and that he now lives in Heaven.  My sweet girl was so concerned this morning for this young boy.  She just could not understand why he would not ask Jesus into his heart yesterday.  What a wonderful opportunity for me to open the Bible and once again remind her it is the work of the Holy Spirit in that young boys heart from the seed that she planted.  We prayed for him and asked God to  
give her another opportunity to see him at the park.  

My daughters love for the sinner and concern for their soul is such a rebuke to my heart.  My husband and I thank the Lord for this love and concern she has for our unsaved neighbors, cashiers, strangers we walk by when we are out and about, for the homeless we drive past and her unsaved family.  She has grown physically and spiritually this past year. . .August 5 marked one year since she prayed and asked Jesus into her heart.  I give all glory to the Lord for the change in her life.  So many times I get caught up in the responsibilities of "life" and do not step back and see the "plentiful harvest" around me.  Oh yes, I pray for my children and the unsaved, but do I take every opportunity to share God's wonderful gift of salvation?  Do people see a difference in my life?  Is it Christ that is seen because I have a joyful countenance, a reliance and trust in the Lord?  Is Christ seen in how I react and handle situations when I am out with my children?  I desire for the love of Christ to be seen in my life.  Because I have my hope and trust in the Lord there is a peace and happiness that the unsaved long to have and this world cannot give.  I pray the Lord will continue to give by sweet girl a boldness and love to befriend the sinner and share with them the ONE who can change their life.  The Lord has impressed upon my heart to continue reaching out to those that live around us and to live Christ before them.  May they see and hear the love of Christ from our family.  May it be that difference that will continue to open doors to share the Gospel of Christ who died for them because he loves them.  I praise the Lord for my children and the working of the Holy Spirit in my own heart.

First day of 2nd Grade picture~7 years old~Meet my Ashlyn Michelle ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment